Parallel World Pharmacy (異世界薬局, Isekai yakkyoku) is a Japanese light novel series written by Takayama Liz and illustrated by keepout.
A young pharmacologist and researcher in Japan named Yakutani Kanji died from overworking, and was reincarnated in a parallel world looking like a fantasy medieval Europe.
He was reincarnated as Falma de Medisus, a 10 year old apprentice to a famous Royal Court pharmacist, who had attained an inhuman skills of ability to see through disease, material creation, and material destruction.
In a society in which dubious medical practice are rampant, price gouging through the monopoly of the pharmacist guild and good medicine isn’t available to the commoners he decided to use his knowledge to change the world.
He was recognized by the Empress of the time and got permission to open a Pharmacy at the corner of the town.
He decided to wipe out the fraud that has swept the world, and deliver to the commoners a truly effective medicine that was developed using present day pharmacology.
Thus, the boy pharmacist will cheat by using his previous knowledge to create innovative medicines while helping the people of the parallel world, a story about living his new life to the fullest this time.
Falma De Medicis [Former name: Kanji Yakutani]
After losing his little sister to an incurable disease, world-famous medical researcher Kanji Yakutani gave it his all to cure patients by dedicating his life to inventing new medicines. After working himself to death at the age of 31, the former pharmacist wakes up as a 10-year-old child whose body has been struck by lightning. He discovers that he has been reincarnated into a medieval world as Falma, a child of the respected De Médicis family.
In a world where divine arts—magic granted through blessings from guardian deities—exist, Falma realizes that his body is host to the guardian deity of medicine. The boy has been granted the mythical divine arts of creation and reduction as well as the ability to instantly diagnose illnesses in people's bodies.
He soon discovers the terrible state of medicine in this world: only nobles are able to afford medical care, which is ineffective at best and detrimental at worst. Using modern knowledge and his divine powers, Falma gradually makes a name for himself as a pharmacist despite his young age, even earning the recognition of the imperial court. When he finally acquires a proper pharmacy of his own, he sets out to pursue his goal of improving healthcare in the San Fleuve Empire and making it accessible to all.
- Pharmacology is a branch of science that deals with the study of drugs and their actions on living systems - that is, the study of how drugs work in the body (sometimes referred to as 'drug actions').
- Pharmacologist: A specialist in the science of medications. A pharmacologist is usually especially knowledgeable about new and obscure medications that may be needed for hard-to-treat or rare illnesses and about drug interactions and how to prevent them.
- God Of Medicine [ guardian deity of medicine]: Falma granted that his body is host to the guardian deity of medicine giving in his right shoulder of Lichtenberg shape burns line (Holy Mark of Medicine God) and no shadow as such of giving him a inchantless and Limitless inchantless amount of magical energy that he can produced in his body. "Down side of this power it the user over limit his/her capacity the body of the user became transparent."
- Divine Pulse: A part of blessing that give after the baptism ceremony that given of the guardian deity that allow their body will open, allowing to use divine arts.
- Mythical Divine Arts [Colorless Element]: The boy has been granted the mythical divine arts of creation and reduction as long he knew the chemical formula.
- Divine Sight: A ability that can see through various illnesses, and then give the corresponding cure.
- Description: The procedure to see the is by making finger gesture creating a v shape or circle shape near of eye, it granted a vision the affected part will glow blue and when the user think of the correct symptoms it turns white and when the symptoms incorrect it glows red until become deeper red. When they are counter measure therapy, the light will become thin instead of disappear.
- Prayer : A solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God or an object of worship. For the God vessel this prayer act as a fuel or an energy that nourishment and flow to the body giving them a divine power.
- Medical God's Staff: Hidden Treasure of church this staff can handling all four God art elements, including everything from combat, diagnosis and treatment divine arts. This staff is also collapsible making it easy to carry.
- In this Divine staff the inserted crystal stone store and amplify divine power and when the stone become clear it will become exponentially stronger, when the stone become completely transparent, the user power will be multiplied by fivefold.
- The medical God's staff is the guardian deity's sacred treasure of church. It cannot be touched by human hands. According to the ancient texts this staff is not of this world, the reason beings only the guardian deity himself can hold it.
- The staff contain buoyancy that reduced the gravitational pull being reduced that make the staff became the material is light. There is a legend if your divine power into the staff it will output something that human cannot do... (Floating!)
- The medical God's Staff can change size into small or large, upon the user choice.