NG Knight Lamune & 40 (NG騎士ラムネ&40, NG Naito Ramune & 40) is a Japanese anime television series of 1990. It was one of the Lamune group of television shows and OVAs, and the "NG" in the title stands for "new generation". In all there were 3 OVA series (NG Knight Lamune & 40 EX, NG Knight Lamune & 40 DX, VS Knight Lamune & 40 Fresh) and a sequel anime television series (VS Knight Lamune & 40 Fire). The original concept for the show was developed by Takehiko Ito, much of the story was written by Satoru Akahori, and the mecha design was done by Rei Nakahara. (Collectively this team is known as "B3".) All anime and OVA in the series were produced by Starchild Records, and the show was broadcast on TV Tokyo from April 6, 1990 to January 4, 1991. On December 12, 2019, it was announced that Discotek Media has acquired license for North America. This include the anime, and the OVAs. The anime and the OVAs has been made available for streaming on Crunchyroll for North American viewers.
The main storyline of the series involves a boy named Baba Lamune who is sucked into the video game "King Sccasher." Lamune is a blood relative of the hero "Lamuness," and in the program he is destined to save the world from the evil Don Harumage. "Lamune" is the name of a popular, lemon-flavored Japanese carbonated drink, and most character names in the series are based on drinks, such as the character Milk. The name "Scassher" is based on the name of a competitor to Lamune, namely "Lemon Squash", a drink not franchised in America whose name is based on that of "Orange Crush", which is. This show is not related to the anime series Lamune of 2005.
The story revolves around a boy named Lamune, who loves to play video games. After an embarrassing day of school, Lamune returns home, but on his way he sees what looks like a match girl having trouble explaining that she isn't selling matches, she's selling a video game. So he buys one and easily convinces the other people to buy one as well.
The girl mysteriously disappears after Lamune asks what kind of game it is, as the game was simply entitled "King Scassher". Upon returning home he immediately turned on the TV to play it, staying up until midnight until he finally beats the game.
The girl that sold him the game came out of the TV and announced her name was Milk, and that Lamune is the blood relative of the hero Lamuness, and he is destined to save the Hara-Hara World from the evil Don Harumage. And without question Lamune is dragged into their world where he then acquires Tama-Q, an advisor robot that can turn him into Lamuness, so he can use the guardian knight, King Scassher. With this he is now ready to fight Don Harumage in order to save the world.
to be added.
There are 38 episodes in the series dating from 1990 to 1991.
- Bang! The Resurrection of King Sccasher
- The Power of Justice! The Saint Bomb
- Pokkin City is Starving!
- Hahaha! The Laughter Fan of Mount Gokuroo
- The Storm of Trivia on The Great Wall
- Hot Blood!? Kankan Village is Hot Hot Hot!
- Pop! Flowers are Blooming on Heads Along the River Nyile!
- We're Lost! Lost in the Horramid!
- Gear City is Full of Wind-Up Springs
- What? We're Half Asleep, Half Asleep, and then We're on the Sea
- Hic! Beware of the Juice of Truth
- Dragonpalace Village Has Elderly Power?
- Is it OK to Double-Double?
- The Grand Entrance of Queen Cideron!
- Kamekameka The Great of Hawaii
- Run Ramuness! The Traps in the Forest of Fairy Tales
- Who is The Pretty Girl? Lesuka Versus Cocoa
- Shiver! The Counterattack of Da Cider
- Good Luck! Milk's Lullabye
- We Found Annamonkonna Gate!
- Shine! The Guardian Knight Contest
- It's the Greatest! Tama-Q, This is Love!
- The Legend of Ramuness: Truth or Deception?
- Storming Into Hoy-Hoy Castle, We Are the Soldiers of Love!
- The Beauty of Victory! The Holy Power of the Three Maidens
- His Sacrificial Counterattack; the Fall of Da Cider!
- The Collapse of Hoy-Hoy Castle! Farewell Tama-Q
- It's Not Over! The Destruction Knights Appear
- Heavy Metal-ko: The Ballad of Betrayal
- Do You Bet Your Life to a Proxy War Gag?
- The Final Blow? The Techniques of the Destruction Ninja
- Tentochi Tower! The Battle on the Island in the Middle of the Sea
- Here it is, Horror! The Mystery in the Forest of the Dead
- Little Romance... What is Your Name?
- Role Reversal; the Cracks of Love and Friendship
- The Dance of the Wind! The Field of Flowers is a Danger Zone!
- The Great Decisive Battle! Burn, Lamuness!
- The Gathering of the 40! Be Forever, Hot Blood Power!
NG Knight Lamune & 40 appeared in the 2009 crossover video game Super Robot Wars NEO featuring much of the main cast. It later appeared as one of the beginning titles used the multi-chapter release Super Robot Wars: Operation Extend which borrows many features from NEO.