Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu (無職転生 〜異世界行ったら本気だす〜, literally Jobless Reincarnation: I Will Seriously Try If I Go To Another World), is a Japanese web novel series by Rifujin na Magonote and is published on internet web novel website Shōsetsuka ni Narō (Shortened to Syosetu) about a jobless, hopeless man who dies in an accident and reincarnates in a fantasy world, this time determined to have a bountiful and earnest life. It was serialized between November 22, 2012 and April 3, 2015.
A year later, it was announced the series would receive a light novel release under Media Factory's MF Books imprint; the illustrations are done by a Pixiv user called SiroTaka. A manga adaptation by Yuka Fujikawa began serialization in the June 2014 issue of Monthly Comic Flapper. Seven Seas Entertainment licensed the tankōbon volumes of the manga for localization in North America. The company also has licensed the original light novels. On Syosetu's rankings, the web novel has made cumulative appearances as the most popular work on the website.
Serialized as an online novel from September 2012 to April 2015 on the novel posting site "Become a Novelist". Since January 2014, it has been made into a book by MF Books (Frontier Works, publishing / KADOKAWA). The illustration is Shirotaka. The abbreviation is "Mushoku Tensei". A synonym for the Narō-kei, a pioneer, and a work called the monument.
A fantasy novel in which a 34-year-old unemployed Japanese reincarnated in a different world of medieval European style . A pioneering work of high fantasy in which the main character of "Become a Novelist", a hero who has reincarnated in a different world, uses modern knowledge and magic to make a match , is a human being including his family. A story is unfolded in which the hero overcomes the trauma of the previous life and grows around the relationship . It is revealed that the main axis of family and human relations is influenced by "Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer" and "Parasyte".
The author's unreasonable grandson's hand describes the process of writing this work, at that time modern different ability battles such as "Shakugan no Shana" were the mainstream of light novels, and fantasy works were shunned, but novels from "Re:Monster" He said he started posting because he knew that he was going to be home and thought that he might be accepted here . Regarding the world view, it is set in the era 80 years before the work that I was thinking before writing this work , and the story set in another era became a novelist as "The Story of the Six-sided World".
The manga version is Serialized in the June 2014 issue (from May 2, 2014) in "Comic Flapper" (published by KADOKAWA Media Factory). A spin-off comic "Unemployed Rebirth-Roxy is Serious-" is being serialized in the WEB comic magazine "ComicWalker". Volumes 9 and 10 of the manga version includea collaborative novel and collaborative manga with " Re: Life in a Different World from Zero". To commemorate the release of the 10th volume of the manga version, a large poster was posted in the JR station yard near Kanto from March 25th to March 31st, 2019. ] In commemoration of the release of 12 volumes of the manga version and 5 volumes of Roxy, aposter was posted on the 5 lines of the Tokyo Metro from March 23 to March 29, 2020. ] From August 17th to September 14th, 2020,stickers were posted in some vehicles on the Seibu Line .From December 2021, a comicalized version of the original novel, "Unemployed Reincarnation-If you go to another world, you'll be serious-Frustrated magician edition" is being distributed on "Comic Solmare". From March 2022, the spin-off "Mushoku Tensei: Eris wa Honki de Kiba wo Togu (Eris Sharpens Her Fangs)-" centered on Ellis is being serialized in the "Gangan ONLINE" app version (Square Enix) .
From October 2013 to February 2019, he maintained the number one position in the cumulative ranking of becoming a novelist. "This light novel is amazing!" In the 2017 edition, it ranked 4th in the book / novels category. As of January 2022, the cumulative circulation of the series has exceeded 10 million.
Rifujin na Magonote commented that he created Rudeus aware of his controversial personality. He intended Rudeus' actions would be more meaningful in the process. He had no issue criticizing Rudeus at an early stage and left it to the audience to judge him. Magnote wanted the audience to pay attention to a specific side of his character and be able to relate to him. Earlier, he said that I felt a big response in episodes 6 to 7 of the web version of the novels, but that was just when Roxy took Rudeus out. Thanks to her, Rudeus overcomes the trauma. Such a story gave a warm impression to his readers and made him think, "Let's grow in this direction."
After publishing the first parts of his work, Rifujin wrote that he intended the series to last at least a hundred chapters. Due to criticism towards his work, Rifujin considered ending the series prematurely but was inspired to continue when his work reached the first place on Syosetu's daily rankings. Originally, the story arc where Rudeus' reunites with Aisha was supposed to be completely different from the published work. The author intended to have Lilia die off-screen, and Aisha to be hiding under a different identity. However, he found Lilia's death anticlimactic and decided against it; thus, he had to rewrite the story arc to make sense of her survival and lack of contact. Rifujin stated the story arc might be bizarre due to the changes but expresses no regrets in his decision; he noted Lilia's survival made him reconsider Zenith's condition in the story.
Despite being bullied, scorned, and oppressed all of his life, a 34-year-old shut-in still found the resolve to attempt something heroic—only for it to end in a tragic accident. But in a twist of fate, he awakens in another world as Rudeus Greyrat, starting life again as a baby born to two loving parents.
Preserving his memories and knowledge from his previous life, Rudeus quickly adapts to his new environment. With the mind of a grown adult, he starts to display magical talent that exceeds all expectations, honing his skill with the help of a mage named Roxy Migurdia. Rudeus learns swordplay from his father, Paul, and meets Sylphiette, a girl his age who quickly becomes his closest friend.
As Rudeus' second chance at life begins, he tries to make the most of his new opportunity while conquering his traumatic past. And perhaps, one day, he may find the one thing he could not find in his old world—love.
Web Novels and Light Novel
Rifujin na Magonote published his work on the online web novel website, Shōsetsuka ni Narō (Shortened to Syosetu); the first chapter was uploaded on November 22, 2012. In November 2013, the author announced his work was to be released as a light novel under Media Factory's MF Books imprint; regardless, the author stated his intentions to continue publishing his chapters online. The illustrator for the light novel is a Pixiv user called SiroTaka. Seven Seas Entertainment has licensed the light novels for publication in North America. They made localization changes in their translations of the light novels, such as toning down Rudeus' perverted behavior and removing references to rape. They later decided to "re-evaluate" their localization decisions.
Rifujin intends to create a sequel to the web novel series based in the Six-Sided Universe. On January 15, 2021, the author stated that he plans to finish the Orc Eroica web novel first. He also suffers from health problems and plans to heal before starting the new work.
In the May 2014 issue of Monthly Comic Flapper, it was announced that the manga adaptation of Mushoku Tensei by Yuka Fujikawa would premiere in the June issue; though Yuka is the author of the manga series, character designs are credited to SiroTaka. Media Works collected the individual chapters into tankōbon volumes; the first volume was released in October 2014. In January 2015, Seven Seas Entertainment announced its licensing of the manga series for localization in North America under the title Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation.
|No.||Original release date||Original ISBN||English release date||English ISBN|
|1||October 23, 2014||978-4-04-066884-0||November 24, 2015||978-1-626922-35-8|
|2||March 23, 2015||978-4-04-067293-9||February 9, 2016||978-1-626922-44-0|
|3||September 19, 2015||978-4-04-067808-5||June 7, 2016||978-1-626922-79-2|
|4||March 23, 2016||978-4-04-068226-6||October 18, 2016||978-1-626923-42-3|
|5||September 23, 2016||978-4-04-0694-18-4||April 18, 2017||978-1-626924-54-3|
|6||March 23, 2017||978-4-040691-09-1||October 24, 2017||978-1-626925-62-5|
|7||September 23, 2017||978-4-040694-18-4||April 24, 2018||978-1-626927-23-0|
|8||March 23, 2018||978-4-040697-76-5||December 18, 2018||978-1-626929-45-6|
|9||October 23, 2018||978-4-040651-00-2||August 20, 2019||978-1-642751-19-2|
|10||March 23, 2019||978-4-040655-76-5||February 25, 2020||978-1-64505-204-3|
|11||October 23, 2019||978-4-040640-46-4||September 8, 2020||978-1-64505-740-6|
|12||March 23, 2020||978-4-040644-69-1||February 16, 2021||978-1-64827-077-2|
|13||August 20, 2020||978-4-04064-816-3||July 6, 2021||978-1-64827-283-7|
|14||January 21, 2021||978-4-04680-113-5||February 15, 2022||978-1-63858-105-5|
|15||June 23, 2021||978-4-04-680670-3||August 9, 2022||978-1-63858-608-1|
|16||November 22, 2021||978-4-04-680885-1||—||—|
|17||June 22, 2022||978-4-04-681385-5||—||—|
A spin-off manga illustrated by Shoko Iwami, titled Mushoku Tensei: Roxy Gets Serious (無職転生 ～ロキシーだって本気です～, Mushoku Tensei: Rokishī Datte Honki Desu), began serialization online in Kadokawa Shoten's ComicWalker website on December 21, 2017. As of December 23, 2021, nine tankōbon volumes have been published. Seven Seas Entertainment licensed the manga in September 2019 for print and digital release.
- Released date March 22, 2018 - ISBN 978-4-04-069697-3
- Released date September 22, 2018 - ISBN 978-4-04-065108-8
- Released date March 22, 2019 - ISBN 978-4-04-065604-5
- Released date October 25, 2019 - ISBN 978-4-04-064033-4
- Released date March 23, 2020 - ISBN 978-4-04-064482-0
- Released date August 21, 2020 - ISBN 978-4-04-064825-5
- Released date January 22, 2021 - ISBN 978-4-04-680096-1
- Released date September 21, 2021 - ISBN 978-4-04-680545-4
- Released date December 23, 2021 - ISBN 978-4-04-680950-6
- Released date July 23, 2022 - ISBN 978-4046815248
A second spin-off manga illustrated by Kaede Nogiwa, titled Mushoku Tensei: 4-koma ni Natte mo Honki Dasu (無職転生 ～4コマになっても本気だす～), was serialized in ASCII Media Works' Comic Dengeki Daioh "g" magazine from October 25, 2018, to August 27, 2020. Three tankōbon volumes were published from October 26, 2019, to December 26, 2020.
- Released date October 26, 2019 - ISBN 978-4-04-912759-1
- Released date March 27, 2020 - ISBN 978-4-04-913115-4
- Released date December 26, 2020 - ISBN 978-4-04-913562-6
A third spin-off manga illustrated by Take Higake, titled Mushoku Tensei: Eris wa Honki de Kiba o Togu (無職転生～エリスは本気で牙を砥ぐ～), began serialization online in Square Enix's Gangan Online service on March 15, 2022.
Rifujin na Magonote (Author) / Shirotaka (Character Draft) "Mushoku Tensei: Anthology (無職転生〜異世界行ったら本気だす〜アンソロジー Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu - Anthology)"
- Released date (Side Story: Roxy) March 22, 2019 - ISBN 978-4040655932
- Released date (Side Story: Eris) December 23, 2020 - ISBN 978-4046800350
- Released date (Side Story: Sylphy) December 23, 2020 - ISBN 978-4046800367
"It's no good to overestimate me. Victory is something that you grasp by always being modest, you know?" ― Rudeus Greyrat
The main character of this work. Her nickname is "Rudi/Rudy". He is a reincarnated person from modern Japan and was born in the village of Buena, Fitua, Kingdom of Asura. In his previous life, he was withdrawn until he was 34 years old due to bullying in high school and did not attend the funeral of his parents, so he was kicked out of the house by his brother and died in an accident trying to help three high school students who were run over by a truck immediately afterwards. did. After his reincarnation, he decided to live seriously this time because of the regret that he threw everything halfway in his previous life.
Keeping in mind "do not get sick", "do not blame others", and "work hard", learn magic, swordsmanship, language, etc. from an early age, avoid rubbing with others as much as possible, even if something happens I try not to unilaterally say bad things, considering the other person's position and what I did wrong . Also, because he was a dropout in his previous life, he does not want to abandon the weak and the dropout, and tries to do his best. It is thought to be a hard-working and mild-mannered person, but since his roots are amorous, he cannot read the air and may make the other person uncomfortable. Other than that, the bad things of the previous life have not completely disappeared at the time of reincarnation, such as playing around with the other person and making a fool of the other person, but he grows up by meeting various people.
The total amount of magical power is extremely large due to magical power training from childhood and Laplace factor. Since you can use attack magic without chanting, you can control the generation and store the magic power so that even low-ranked magic can be released with the power of the imperial class. However, since the human body cannot withstand using magic that is commensurate with the total amount of magical power, magic that makes use of the enormous total amount of magical power cannot be used. Also, only attack magic can be used without chanting, and healing magic cannot be used without chanting. His specialties are "rock cannonballs" that shape stones made with magical power, add rotation, and shoot them at ultra-high speed, and "mud swamp", a mixed magic of water and soil systems. In addition to the fact that swordsmanship does not have a fighting spirit, the sword god that does not suit the aptitude because his master Paul did not dislike the aptitude of the Kitagami style and the next master, Guillene, was a sword god style swordfighter. He was taught the style and stopped as an intermediate swordfighter, but when he was 11 years old, he changed his right eye to a magical eye "predictive eye" that can see the future a few seconds ahead.. Its ability is recognized by some of the most powerful people in the world, but its self-evaluation is low due to the fact that it has seen many such overwhelming strong people and the reflection of the previous life. On the contrary, there is a tendency for people to misunderstand or overestimate what went well by chance as a strategy.
In addition to the "human language" that I learned in my childhood, I can use the "beast god language" that I learned from Guillene and the "genie language" that I learned from the dictionary I got from Roxy.
After learning magic from his tutor Roxy, he taught Sylphiette magic, but became Ellis's tutor to earn money for Lanoa Magic College. In the Fitua territory transfer incident that occurred the day after his 10th birthday, he was sent to the demon continent with Ellis, where he was helped by the Spelled Louis Geld, and then the three of them formed an adventurer party "Dead End". Aim for the Kingdom of Asura. Arriving in Fitua territory over three years, he left for Louis Geld and Ellis to find his missing mother, Zenith, in the northern part of the central continent.
In the search in the north, Zenith went around to make a name for himself as an adventurer in order to find himself, and after two years he became known as "Rudeus of the Quagmire". After learning from a report from Erinarise that Zenith was on the continent of Vegarit and Paul and his friends were heading for him, he enrolled as a special student at Lanoa Magic University at the recommendation of Erinarise and Hitogami.
|── Because of his former life, he is careful not to get carried away and become arrogant. As a result, he is extremely self-aware and humble because he does not want to revert to his old self. He is a kind person, helping his friends and protecting his family whenever needed. Due to being capable in many fields, people have high expectations of him. Rudeus is very polite to others, often making them uncomfortable.|
── Having the morals of his past life, he hesitates with the thought of killing someone. However, he displays aggression and blood lust toward anyone threatening his family. He is extremely perverted and even though he has this shortcoming, his family and friends still love him since he always takes care of them to a great extent. Even with very high magic capacity and high potential in battle, he often lacks the confidence to fight his enemy.
Rudeus is a powerful magician born with a strong Laplace factor which is one of the reasons for his great magical power besides his intense training at an early age. As he was reincarnated from another world, he is immune to Orsted's curse. This is a trait that is inherited by his descendants.
- 【Voiceless Incantation】
- Rudeus is one of the few people capable of using a voiceless incantation, and even rarer as a person who can use voiceless incantation with melded magics. He cannot use voiceless incantation for healing magic due to his lack of understanding in regards to how mana is manipulated to heal. A normal Magician takes at least five seconds for a simple spell, while for higher-level spells its thirty to sixty seconds. Rudeus can do it almost instantly no matter what difficulty of the spell, with the exception of healing magic. Rudeus needs to use the chant of a new spell being taught to him before he can use its voiceless incantation version which puzzles Orsted.
- 【Demon Eyes】
- It's a Demon Eye that Kishirika gave to Rudeus for giving her food replacing his right eye. It allows the user to see a certain amount into the future. It is difficult to adjust the focus point; the farther into the future he looks, the more unreliable it becomes. The power of Demon Eyes are adjusted according to the amount of mana poured into them. The more mana Rudeus inputs into the Foresight Demon Eye, the farther into the future he can see. Rudeus is able to fine-tune the eye to see 10 seconds into the future reliably.
- Experienced warriors can negate the Demon Eye's usefulness in battle by making split-second decisions, forcing the eye to see multiple futures. This is learned when Rudeus duels Ruijerd. Some beings such as Badigadi are completely immune to the eye when wearing the Fighting God Armor. The eye can also act as a conduit for another being's power as Hitogami was able to show Rudeus a vision of where to find Aisha and Lilia through his eye. Another weakness of the eye is that it does not pick up sounds and as such, Gyes was able to incapacitate Rudeus using Howling magic.
- Overuse or losing control of the eye may cause the user some sort of pain and nausea as a result of overloading the brain. This is shown when Rudeus felt a moment of extreme nausea after Hitogami used the eye to show him a vision of the future, or when he originally received the eye and it took him a while to learn to control it since it would give him a double vision.
- It's a second Demon Eye that Kishirika gave to Rudeus for giving her a donut when she is captured by Atofe replacing his left eye. It allows the user to see far away. However, the "focus point" is difficult to control. Rather than acting as a scope, the Clairvoyant Eyes seem to change the perspective of one's vision, with the amount of mana determining the distance from the user.
- While Rudeus is a pacifist and doesn't like fighting in general, when he does, he is a formidable opponent. He is capable of casting magic simultaneously in both hands as well as cast melded magic in an instant. With his scientific knowledge from his previous life and creativity, he always strives for developing more efficient magics for himself to use. Most of the spells he uses a lot, like Stone Cannon, have been stated by Badigadi to have an Emperor-class level of power. Initially, when he was a child, he mostly used water magic. However, as an adventurer, Rudeus primarily used earth magic such as Stone Cannon and his namesake, Quagmire to hinder and slow down his enemies.
- His total magical power has been stated by Orsted, Kishirika, Badigadi, and Perugius Dola to be greater than that of Laplace. He was able to create a nuclear explosion, an extension of fire and air melded magic similar to that of the firework used in Roa, in his fight against Orsted. According to Orsted, this magic could be considered God-class magic. Rudeus also uses Earth Magic to make figures which Zanoba and Perugius takes interest in.
- His rankings as a magician are as follows:
- «Water Emperor Ranked»
- «Earth Saint Ranked»
- «Wind Saint Ranked»
- «Fire Saint Ranked»
- «Healing Magic - Saint Ranked»
- «Detoxification Magic - Saint Ranked»
- «Barrier Magic - Intermediate Ranked»
- 『Nuclear Explosion』: Unofficial God-class magic(stated by Orsted) that Rudeus created in a desperate attempt during his fight against Orsted. By focusing a tremendous amount of magic power at a designated area, he creates a huge explosion around his pinpointed target and leaves behind a mushroom-like cloud similar to a nuclear explosion. During the second confrontation with Orsted, he managed to destroy a village with this magic. Even with Orsted opening the First Dragon Gate to tremendously lower its power, the explosion was still packed with power similar to Laplace. It is hinted that this is a Fire-type magic.
- 『Ran Ma』- Disturb Magic: It is a unique magic that Rudeus learns after observing Orsted in their first fight and works by interfering with the magic of the opponent disturbing it thus preventing it from working. This is a very rare and difficult technique as Sylphiette, who is a talented mage in her own right, had a lot of trouble learning it.
- 『Dry Steaming』: Dry Steaming is a melded magic of fire and wind originally developed by Rudeus to dry wet clothes with a risk of damaging the fabric.
- 『Explosive Stone Cannon』: It is a variation of Stone Cannon originally developed by Rudeus. The stone is hollow thereby exploding at the point of contact.
- 『Electric』: Realizing that 『Lightning』 might be a bit overkill as a single target spell, Rudeus weakened the King-class Water magic. Rudeus was able to use Voiceless incantation to create a miniature thundercloud, compressing it, and designating a target for 『Lightning』. In order to distinguish it from the normal overpowered spell, he named it 『Electric』. The Electric strike is hard to avoid and can numb the nervous system, making it a very useful spell against people who can wear Touki. It is effective against the Immortal Demon Race as demonstrated in the battle against Atofe.
- 『Light Spirits』: Rudeus can make a light spirit scroll and use them to summon bright light spirits as a source of light.
- 『Howling Magic』: Howling is a type of magic that can locate or paralyze enemies by using sound as a medium, but Rudeus can only use it to surprise or scare opponents. He learned it from Gustav Dedorudia.
- 【Fighting Style】
- 『Sword Techniques』
- Intermediate-ranked Sword God Style
- Elementary-ranked North God Style
- Elementary-ranked Water God Style
- Since Rudeus cannot make use of Touki, he cannot rise to Advanced ranked Sword Techniques.
- 『Saint Dragon Battle Aura』
- Saint Dragon Battle Aura is a fighting style that was created by Dragon God Urupen, who was considered to be the weakest Dragon God due to having the lowest magical capacity ever and rose to become the strongest with this fighting style. It involves defeating an opponent using the minimal amount of magical power. It is described as a fighting style by Rudeus that combines magic arts and the real world martial art Wushu.
- Rudeus is currently being taught how to use this fighting form by Orsted. This fighting technique is the best fighting style for Rudeus due to it's great compatibility with the 『Magic Armor』, making the 『Magic Armor』 performance more potent, efficient, and useful during combat. It should be noted that it is a fighting style and not a type of touki as Rudeus lacks the ability to use actual touki.
- He has been noted by others to be a battle genius. During his first fight with Paul, he was smart enough to trap Paul's leg to restrict his movements. During his time as an adventurer, he was known for his skill with Quagmire and trapping opponents with earth magic before attacking. After training with Orsted, he became more aware of his tactics and was able to perform the strategies more efficiently since he was conscious of them.
- In the case that he is trapped by a high level barrier magic that restricts his magic, he will use the Manatite stone to destroy the seal and use a combination of Quagmire, Mist, and Electric to slow down or disable his opponents before using a summoning scroll to summon his trump card, the Magic armor MK I, to defeat his enemies should the need arise for the fire power. Taking stories and legends from his previous world, he was also able to come up with a strategy to defeat a hydra that could regenerate its heads.
- 『Sword Techniques』
- See also: List of Mushoku Tensei episodes
On March 15, 2019, the official website of MF Books announced that an anime adaptation of Mushoku Tensei would be produced. The anime was later announced on October 18, 2019, to be a television series, which is directed by Manabu Okamoto and animated by Studio Bind, with Kazutaka Sugiyama designing the characters, and Yoshiaki Fujisawa composing the music. Egg Firm is credited for production. The series was originally scheduled to premiere in 2020, but it was delayed until January 2021. The first half aired from January 11 to March 22, 2021 on Tokyo MX, KBS, BS11, and SUN.
At the conclusion of the first half of the series on March 22, 2021, a second half was announced. The second half was originally set to premiere in July 2021, but was delayed to October 2021, due to "various circumstances." The second half aired from October 4 to December 20, 2021. An unaired episode was bundled with the anime's fourth Blu-ray Disc volume, which was released on March 16, 2022.
The first opening theme song is "The Traveler's Song" (旅人の唄, Tabibito no Uta). The second opening theme song is "The Awakening Song" (目覚めの唄, Mezame no Uta). The third opening theme song is "The Inheritance Song" (継承の唄, Keishō no Uta). The fourth opening theme song is "The Prayer Song" (祈りの唄, Inori no Uta). The fifth opening theme song is "A Distant Child Guard Song" (遠くの子守の唄, Tōku no Komori no Uta). The first ending theme song is "Only" (オンリー, Onrī). The second ending theme song is "The Way to Go With the Wind" (風と行く道, Kaze to Iku Michi). All of the openings and endings were performed by Yuiko Ōhara.
Funimation licensed the series and streamed it on its website in North America, Mexico, Brazil and the British Isles, in Europe through Wakanim, and in Australia and New Zealand through AnimeLab. On February 13, 2021, Funimation announced the series would be receiving an English dub, with the first episode premiering the next day. Following Sony's acquisition of Crunchyroll, the series was moved to Crunchyroll. Muse Communication has licensed the series in Southeast Asia and South Asia and streamed it on their Muse Asia YouTube channel, and on iQIYI and Bilibili in Southeast Asia.
On March 6, 2022, it was announced that a second season has been green-lit. It is set to premiere in 2023.
Released on April 26, 2017 under the title of "Mushoku Tensei-If you go to another world, you'll be serious-Transfer Labyrinth Edition". The stage is the labyrinth edition and the battle against Hydra. The newly written novel "The Story of the Remaining Sword" is enclosed.
An Audio drama adaptation, titled Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu - Ten'i Meikyū-hen (無職転生 ～異世界行ったら本気だす～ 転移迷宮編), was released by Frontier Works on April 26, 2017.
Distribution started on March 27, 2021 with the title of "Mushoku Tensei: Game ni Natte mo Honki Dasu (無職転生 ～ゲームになっても本気だす～, lit. "Mushoku Tensei - I'll Seriously Try Even If It's Made Into a Game". Planning and distribution is Beaglee , development and operation is Aiming , planning cooperation is Gree , and game system provision and technical cooperation is Pokelabo
On February 8, 2021, before the premiere of the fifth episode, the series was suspended from the Chinese streaming network Bilibili due to controversial content described as "immorality" by some critics, most prominently a streamer named LexBurner, who called the anime "for bottom-feeders in the social hierarchy," which led viewers to leave low reviews for the anime on the streaming site. This also led to LexBurner, one of Bilibili's top streamers, being banned from the site. Later, author Rifujin na Magonote commented on LexBurner's actions as follows: "His words are only his personal opinion, and he is free to hold whatever views he likes. Although I am displeased at how he has insulted other viewers, anime is not just made for successful people, so I hope that those who can enjoy it will enjoy it." He further commented: "If that is the kind of online presence he is, that's just the way it is sometimes. Even in Japan, there are plenty of people like him, although they might not have his influence. As far as I am concerned, instead of engaging with him, I think it is more important to ignore him and grow your own communities. Thank you!"
The series has also received user criticism in China for containing perceived misogynistic comments and content.
- Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation ─ Become a novelist
- Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation ─ Official Light Novel - MF Books (in Japanese)
- Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation ─ Official Manga - Comic Flapper (in Japanese)
- Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation ─ "Mushoku Tensei: Roxy Gets Serious" Manga Website - Comic Walker
- Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation (The Story of Six-Side world) ─ Official Light Novel
- Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation ─ Game Website
- Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation ─ Official Anime Website
- Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation ─ Official (@mushokutensei_g) - Twitter Website
- Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation ─ Wikipedia (JP)
- Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation ─ Wikipedia (EN)
to be added.